IABSP is a worldwide association of near 300 organizations active in the theory and practice of quality assurance in higher education. The great majority of its members are quality assurance agencies that operate in many different ways, although the Network also welcomes (as associate members) other organizations that have an interest in QA in HE.
Following the amendments to the Constitution introduced in 2018, based on the accumulated experience throughout the years, as well as introduction of a new membership category, a revision of the membership criteria and processes has been undertaken. The current membership criteria and procedures wants to ensure quality, accountability, and responsibilities of the applicants and current members in order to keep instilling trust and credibility among the wider HE community.
IABSP offers four categories of membership:
GGP ALIGNED MEMBERS are organizations responsible for assuring the quality of post-secondary provisions – institutions and programs, such as accreditation, audit or other bodies responsible for the external evaluation of institutions and/or programs, which have successfully undergone the IABSP GGP Alignment procedure and whose alignment is current.
FULL MEMBERS are organizations responsible for assuring the quality of post-secondary provisions – institutions and programs, such as accreditation, audit or other bodies responsible for the external evaluation of institutions and/or programs.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERS are tertiary education institutions or organizations with a major interest in evaluation, accreditation and quality assurance in higher education, but without the responsibility for assuring the quality of institutions or education programs.
AFFILIATE MEMBERS are individuals with a major interest in evaluation, accreditation and quality assurance in higher education and a proven track record of involvement in tertiary education quality assurance.
The benefits for being an IABSP Member are as follows:
- Access to the Good Practice Database
- Access to the Query Service and Support
- Access to the database of consultants
- Receive three annual editions of the Academic Journal “Quality in Higher Education”*
- Receive the electronic IABSP Bulletin and Communiqué quarterly
- Participate in decision-making according to the rights listed in the Constitution
- Promote events through IABSP’s Website
- Access to General Assembly documentation (minutes, annexes, other documents, etc.) through the IABSP’s intranet
- Participate in and/or host IABSPevents such as the Biannual Conference and Forum * *
- Members who have paid or are up to date with their membership, can apply to discounts on conferences and forums registration fees
- Use of IABSP’s trademark and logo according to the Guidelines
- Involvement in the IABSP review panels
- Avail the priority of being involved in and granted the IABSP multiple projects
Become a member
The current IABSP Annual Membership fees are:
Full/Associate Members and Affiliates: USD 690.65
Full/Associate Members and Affiliates from LDC/LIC countries: USD 345.33
Please note that the annual membership fee is always paid for one calendar year (from January until December).
All new members and affiliates first have to pay a non refundable review fee of USD 100 in order to get their application reviewed by the membership committee. Membership fees can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
The following reductions are applicable to new membership applications:
Membership applications approved between April-June: 25% reduction on the annual fee
Membership applications approved between July-September: 50% reduction on the annual fee
Membership applications approved between October-December: 75% reduction on the annual fee
Please note that the IABSP Secretariat will send an invoice to all approved membership applications. Your IABSP Membership or IABSP Affiliate Status will only be activated after the IABSP Secretariat has received payment for the corresponding INQAAHE Membership Fee.
Members from LDC/LIC countries are eligible for the reduced fee of USD 345.33. The LDC/LIC countries are listed by the World Bank as less developed countries or low income countries.